Thursday, July 25, 2013

West Elm St. Louis: Details

Patrick and I have been shopping (and purchasing!) non-stop all week in preparation for the Saint Louis Fashion Week Fashion Fund benefit taking place in our loft this Friday. So, when the official date and time for the West Elm preview hit my inbox, I cleared my schedule and we headed to the Saint Louis Galleria to do some shopping.

West Elm is known for their attention to detail not only in the textures, colors and silhouettes that make up their home decor and kitchenware collections, but in their approach to brick-and-mortar. A section of the store was dubbed the local market and featured cookies from Pint Size Bakery, beer from Urban Chestnut and 4Hands as well as a carefully curated array of independently crafted goods from St. Louis Etsy sellers. The organization reached out to a bevy of local bloggers, media and other influencers in what seemed like a conscious yet genuine effort to lay down roots in STL. In honor of West Elm's authentic approach to detail - aesthetic and beyond - here are a few of my favorite visual moments from tonight's trip.

st louis stl interior design blog

st louis stl interior design blog

Paper straws are so last season. These metal straws are definitely making their way into cocktails at the Heartland Underdog Wardrobe Sale.

st louis stl interior design blog

st louis stl interior design blog


st louis stl interior design blog

These cookies from STL's own Pint Size Bakery were a nice local touch to the preview.

st louis stl interior design blog

st louis stl interior design blog

st louis stl interior design blog

st louis stl interior design blog

Cable knit pillows wouldn't strike me as 'my style' if you asked, but these were too cozy to resist.

stl interior design blog

stl interior design blog

st. louis design blogger

Somehow, I didn't end up taking these rhinos home. It makes me a little sad. Stay tuned to West Elm Part II to see what pieces did make their way into our humble abode - a few courtesy of the brand. (Thanks for the hospitality, West Elm!)

st. louis design blog

st. louis design blog

My favorite takeaway of the night is simply that everything in West Elm feels wholly intentional - from tablescapes to the genuinely warm hellos. 

I hope you will visit West Elm for their Grand Opening on Thursday, July 25th, but I have no doubt you will be there soon regardless. Check back soon to see how I styled the three new pieces we purchased at the preview (and we may just be headed back for more...).

(Pardon my lack of Instagram lately - sadly my phone was stolen and the insurance replacement has not yet arrived. The missed opportunities are just killing me. ;) Be back soon!)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the preview! I can't wait to check out the new store!

    Jessi

    ReplyDelete